Campaign Focus :
Protection of fundamental freedoms before, during and after 2022 general elections in Kenya.
Strengthen the realisation of fundamental freedoms and expand the civic space for public accountability before, during and after the 2022 general elections.
Specific Campaign Objectives:
Under these specific campaign objectives, the Pillar will:
1. Promote and protect the right to life, including rapid response initiatives around violations of the right to life.
2. Promote and protect the fundamental freedoms to peaceably and unarmed assembly, presenting petitions to public authorities, expression, public participation, and access to justice.
3. Support and protect human rights defenders at risk or facing threats.
4. Enhance awareness of digital rights.
Through the above interventions, the outcomes expected include:
1. Strengthened inter and intra community relationships with promotion and protection of fundamental freedoms (right to life, expression, protests, and justice) by the end of 2022.
2. Expansion of systems, processes, and capacities for public accountability by the end of 2022.
3. Enhanced knowledge and awareness on digital rights with respect to the right to privacy by the end of 2022.
4. Better systems and procedures for supporting and protecting persons at risk or facing threats by the end of 2022.