Amnesty Kenya was founded in 2002 and operates with specific goals and objectives for improving lives and upholding human rights for the citizens of Kenya and the surrounding areas. These initiatives include, but are not limited to:
- Right to Adequate Housing and Safety in Impoverished Neighborhoods
- Sexual and Gender Based Violence
- Education on Improving Relations Between Law Enforcement and Residents
- Growth and Human Rights Education
- Active Involvement of Youth for a Better Tomorrow
Amnesty Kenya operates independently of any government, political ideology or religion and we are funded mainly by our membership and public donations.
It is our hope that people—from every walk of life—enjoy all the rights outlined by the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and other international human rights standards. Our efforts have affected positive change, but there is still work to be done.
You can help by getting involved. CLICK HERE to become part of our network of volunteers.